Upside-Down Gingerbread Cake
Servings: 64 people
- 3 6/16 lbs gingerbread cake mix
- 1 lb butter melted
- 1 can (#10) apricot halves well drained
- 1 3/4 lbs light brown sugar firmly packed
- 8 oz walnuts coarsely chopped
- Combine sugar, butter and nuts; spread evenly into two hotel pans (12x20x2-inch). Arrange apricot halves, skin side down, over butter/nut mixture. Prepare gingerbread cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter over apricots. Bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges and invert cake. Cut into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.